The Smith Mountain Lake Area's only "Virginia 4 Star-Rated Preschool"
We are pleased to announce that Trinity Preschool has been awarded 4 stars, according to the rigorous standards of the Virginia Star-Rated Preschool program. Our commitment to providing an excellent learning environment for the children has always been our primary goal.
Introducing Trinity Preschool
Our philosophy at Trinity Preschool is to provide quality early childhood
education in a nurturing, loving and Christian environment. We believe each
child is very special and we enjoy guiding each child as they grow and
blossom in all areas of their development- spiritual, social and emotional,
cognitive and physical. Our curriculum fosters daily experiences for
children to learn about God’s love for them, find pleasure in their
friendships with other children, discover new and exciting concepts,
discover the curious wonders in the world around them and most importantly
grow in their self-esteem as they become confident in their own abilities.
We believe that each child’s parents are their first and most important teachers and we strive to form a partnership with parents built on mutual respect and good communication. We welcome parents’ participation and involvement in our program knowing that our mutual support will benefit the children in their development.
We are committed to providing the best teachers: those who love teaching and are qualified and experienced in Early Childhood education; and those who provide a nurturing and stimulating environment for your children.
To provide a caring and compassionate social and educational experience for preschool age children in a Christian environment.
- To teach and model Christian values such as love of God and neighbor, kindness, sharing, and respect for one another and for all of God’s creation.
- To provide support, guidance, training, and resources to parents, and to encourage parents in their role as primary teachers of their children.
- To provide an environment where children can learn to make choices, plan activities, and review accomplishments.
- To teach concepts of colors, shapes, alphabet, numbers, counting and
- To develop pre-reading skills through the use of books, poetry, story-telling, and dramatic play.
- To promote the development of speech and language skills, attention span, and listening skills.
- To provide enjoyable experiences in music and art, and in fine and gross motor activities.